GRAND CANAL & CICHETI SLOW
This tour is designed for your first evening in Venice, as it includes a limited amount of walking, but allows you to have a good overview of the city laid back on your comfortable water-taxi! Venice appears at her very best at sunset, as almost all the fancy architectures – ranging from the 13th to the 18th century – are facing the canals. The ‘king’ is, of course the Grand Canal, but the narrower, more intimate canals are so picturesque…
Nowadays all boats need to respect very strict speed limits, which means you will have all the time to take pictures: the colors of the sky and the reflections of the fairy-like, many-windowed palaces on the water create kaleidoscopic, ever-changing effects. As the sun goes down you will be ravished …and fall in love!
Your guide will provide fundamental historical notes, good stories about the people who once lived in the mansions we are admiring and will also outline the principles of engineering that allow the building to stand, notwithstanding the damage provoked by salt water and waves, still solid after all these centuries.
In about an hour we shall be ready for
- Private water-taxi navigation along the Grand Canal
- Unfolding minor canals at sunset
- Learn about your neighborhood
- Local ambiance with cicheti and wine
DRESS CODE AND ADVICE
- No dress code!
- This tour lasts two hours and costs 360 euros up to six people (not per person), only private parties. For larger parties send us an email!
- The above cost does NOT include tastings
- Wine and fingerfood: 30 euros per person