- ANISH KAPOOR AT THE NEW ‘GALLERIE’Aprile 19, 2022 - 7:27 pm
- HOMO FABER IS BACK!Aprile 1, 2022 - 7:12 pm
- UPCOMING EXHIBITS SPRING 2022Marzo 25, 2022 - 10:03 pm
- VENICE 1600 YEARS OF BIRTHS AND REBIRTHSSettembre 24, 2021 - 10:56 am
- THE GLASS ARKSettembre 17, 2021 - 12:54 pm
- BASELITZ AT PALAZZO GRIMANILuglio 20, 2021 - 10:04 pm
- FONDAZIONE PRADA: A NEW EXHIBITAprile 21, 2021 - 10:43 am
- UPCOMING EXHIBITS IN VENICELuglio 4, 2020 - 10:51 am
- “FROM TITIAN TO RUBENS”Gennaio 13, 2020 - 11:01 am
- HIGH TIDE IN VENICEGennaio 13, 2020 - 8:46 am
- THE NATURE OF ARPMaggio 15, 2019 - 8:42 am
- LUC TUYMANSGennaio 10, 2019 - 8:29 am
- JUST FOR ONE DAYSettembre 2, 2018 - 8:26 am
- TINTORETTO IN VENICEAgosto 30, 2018 - 11:27 am
- SAVE VENICE FOR TINTORETTOAgosto 17, 2018 - 11:13 am
November 26th, 2015
SPLENDORS OF VENICE RENAISSANCE Andrea Schiavone among Parmigianino, Tintoretto and Titian Venice, Museo Correr From November 28,2015 through April 10, 2016
This is the first retrospective in Venice to be ever dedicated to Andrea Medolla, known as Schiavone, born in Zara, Dalmatia, around 1515. In his Lives Giorgio Vasari noticed “a certain manner that is used in Venice, that is dashed off, or rather, sketched, without being in any respect finished”, which influenced Tintoretto and Titian for decades.
The exhibit SPLENDORS OF VENICE RENAISSANCE aims at showing the way Schiavone’s manner was regarded as revolutionary, due to the theatrical effects of light and atmosphere, and to the dazzling colors which aroused the indignation of prominent art writers such as Paolo Pino in 1548.
Besides the paintings, a substantial number of etchings and drawings will be on display, covering all phases of his career from the early years (ca. 1540) to the late ones, around 1562.
In addition to Schiavone’s works, the exhibit SPLENDORS OF VENICE RENAISSANCE includes an accurate selection of paintings and engravings by the artists who inspired him, such as Parmigianino, and the famed ones who were active in Venice in 1539-42, providing insight into the art of this highly creative period in the history of the city.
Loans are from some of Europe’s leading museums, from the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna to the Musée du Louvre in Paris, and from the National Gallery and British Museum of London to the Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister of Dresden.
WALKS INSIDE ITALY
ART CITY WALKS aff. Network Giv
San Polo 1541 30125 VENICE, ITALY
C.F. e P. Iva 04331170276
Prot. 2016/16140 del 25-2-2016
Polizza Europ Assistance 8957877